Since the time change this past month, my sleeping has gone all out of whack. For some odd reason, I’ve been waking up around 3am every morning, so every now and then (if I have trouble falling back asleep), I’ll read a bit on my kindle. Between that and two different trips the last two weeks, quite a few books were knocked off my reading list.
One of the books at the top of my list was Never Unfriended by Lisa Jo Baker. Even though it wasn’t on my 2017 reading list, it’s one of those that I definitely wanted to add the moment I saw it, and I loved it enough to order copies for a few friends who I knew could use the encouragement and words as much as I did. This mom thing is hard, homeschooling adds another layer to that, and protecting the friendships I have is very important to me – I want to BE the best friend I can and also foster healthy relationships along the way.
Here’s the list I want to tackle during April:
- Grace, Not Perfection by Emily Ley
- Clutterfree with Kids by Joshua Becker (yes, yes please)
- Heart Made Whole by Christa Black Gifford (about halfway through)
- Siblings without Rivalry by Adele Faber (I think I need this immensely)
- How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare by Ken Ludwig
- Giver of Wonders by Roseanna White
- Before I Go to Sleep by S J Watson
The Kids are Reading…
The girls have finished up their required reading for the year, so they are taking a bit of a breather in that area. Laurianna is working on other subjects to get caught up and McKenna needs to head to the library soon.
What I Read in March
Best two books I read this past month by far were Never Unfriended and Growing up Social in the non-fiction category, and Behind the Scenes and The Green Ember (read aloud with boys) in the fiction area. I had high hopes for A Man Called Ove, but honestly sometimes felt like I had to push through it. I’m absolutely loving many of the recipes too in Quick and Easy Ketogenic Cooking.
- Never Unfriended by Lisa Jo Baker – top on the list!!
- Rhythms of Rest by Shelly Miller (not a favorite…)
- Quick and Easy Ketogenic Cooking
- Keep Your Love On by Danny Silk
- Growing up Social by Gary Chapman (family) – highly recommend!!
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Good as Gone by Amy Gentry
- The Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes
- A Viscount’s Proposal by Melanie Dickerson
- Behind the Scenes by Jen Turano
- The Green Ember by S.D. Smith (with boys)
- One Plus One Equals Trouble by Sondra Kraak
That’s all for this month! I’ll share what I’ve managed to finish next month with you all. What books do you and the kids have set aside to read this month?