Here’s the sum-up:
- We are on a six week on, one week off schedule – which means a break for us next week. (Happy dance here!!)
- The weather has been crazy back and forth. Part of me wishes we would go ahead and get a good snow already, but then the warm weather comes and I wonder what I’m thinking. Either way, I wish it would make up it’s mind, because snow one day and 70 degrees the next is CRAZY!
- Swim team is officially done, so no more back and forth nights with practice. I am much relieved.
- We had a new baby join the family (nephew) in January and my mom’s hip surgery went well (eventually). The first few days were really rough, but she is doing much better now – thanks so much for your prayers!
- The days our oldest is struggling health-wise make me ever-so-grateful we homeschool (much more about this in the video).
- Hardest part for me the last 6 weeks has been dealing with diet restrictions and a complete revamping of the ‘familiar’ tried and true recipes/menus we had in place. I’m a creature of habit, so having to re-think everything has been quite a bit of a challenge. I’m also an all or nothing girl, and baby steps have been h.a.r.d. for me to take. Just sayin’.
- Incidentally, THIS BOOK is fabulous. Cannot say it enough.
- And a dog. A cute dog is sometimes what I need to see and snuggle with. And yes, she needs a haircut. You all were cracking me up on Facebook thinking I posted a picture of a skunk. 😂
That’s about it for us – how are YOU all doing.
A few links for you:
- 10th grade mid-year homeschool update
- 8th grade mid-year homeschool update
- 6th grade mid-year homeschool update
- 4th grade mid-year homeschool update