Our kids still enjoy The Polar Express book by Chris van Allsburg and the go-along movie. When we pull out our stash of Christmas books, it is so much fun to see the favorites and re-read them! No matter how old you are, there is something magical about the Christmas season!
Here is a collection of activities, crafts, and printables that you can use with your kids or classroom when reading (or watching) The Polar Express.
Activities to Go-Along
- Polar Express discovery bottle
- Hot chocolate cloud dough – YUM!!
- Hot chocolate sensory bin
- Polar Express train costume
- Hot chocolate rice
- Beginning sounds activity
- How to draw a train
- Tissue box train
- Jingle bell painting
- Hot chocolate playdough
Polar Express Crafts
- Hot chocolate ornament – so cute!!
- Conductor’s hat tutorial
- Toilet paper train craft
- Lantern craft – cute idea for leftover Starbucks cups
- Popsicle stick hot chocolate mug
- Pom pom hot chocolate mug
- Believe globe ornament – love this idea to remember a fun book unit
- Snow globe craft
- Believe bell
Snacks & Yummies
- Polar Express science tie-ins
- Hot chocolate science
- Jingle Bell magnet science
- Jingle Bell activities
- Polar Express lapbook from Homeschool Share
- Jingle Bell Count printables from J Daniel’s Mom
- Polar Express mega pack from Living Life Intentionally
- Polar Express preschool pack
- Polar Express pack from 3 Dinosaurs
- I Have, Who Has Polar Express game
- Polar Express coloring sheets
- Playdough mats
- Journal topics and writing paper
- Memory game
Read the Story Online
The Snowy Day Activity Ideas
Like this? Don’t miss my post 35 Activities, Crafts, and Printables for The Snowy Day by Ezra Keats.